- 1 cup long-grain white rice, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 radishes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (5 to 7 minutes).
- Stir in the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, oregano, and 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. Smash some of the beans with the back of a fork to thicken. Serve in a bowl over rice, with chopped radishes and cilantro to taste.